MO

Fancy-Free... well that is just a way of life, being, a frame of mind. It is the idea that we are each responsible for fulfilling our dreams and desires. The knowledge that we can each do whatever we want, and recognizing the courage it takes to go after it- whatever It may be-

About Me

My photo
A writer, a yoga enthusiast, a trail runner and real food junkie. I am constantly exploring new experiences, new challenges and new concepts.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The why's: and an intro to Utah's red lustre

To start off this blog... I want to touch upon some of the past couple of years on the road. My goal is to share the sweet spots, and since I have encountered quite a few on my continuous road trip, I am going to take a trip down memory lane, reliving great places and times and share a bit about them. The trails, the health food stores, the communities, that make nomadic living great. 


In no sensical order I am going to start with a current trip from Colorado to Moab. Seems right.


The day of February 10th began with a run of 4.2 miles in Arches National Park, just ouside of Moab, amazingly beautiful slickrock, snow and ice to the double O arches. Gliding over the red rock, carefully placing one foot in front of the other, ecstatic I didn't let the cold wind deter my decision to run.  I slightly slip a few times, luckily getting my footing back before the impending fall. Arches National Park is a network of relatively short trails that will explore an area like no other. Enough climbing available to provide you with some sweet views of the La Sal peaks in the distance, and the massive amounts of space, canyons, and mounds of beautiful red earth surrounding you. 


I had spent the day before traveling from the deep winter of the high rockies in Colorado to Moab. Right as I am entering town, dark by then, I instantly look to my left at an intersection and spot the health food store of Moab. I stop, and have 30 minutes to shop around for delicious snacks at Moonflower Market before searching for the hostel.  After driving around a bit in the dark, I stop to call for directions and with some assistance from the the nice hostel employees, I get there relatively quickly. Spending a night in the Lazy Lizard Hostel ( www.lazylizardhostel.com ), utilizing their kitchen, and having a great random encounter with a tarot reading stranger, rested, I packed up, headed out, ran around that beautiful park and start moving south! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a a nice day. Moonflower Market and Lazy Lizard Hostel what kind of hippie place is this? Also, what did your tarot reading say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hippie place? I don't even know what that word means. Now what exactly is a moonflower you may ask? Why, it is a beautiful flowering plant that opens in the light of the moon. Yeah... I know.

    The tarot reading.. we can talk about that in person..

    ReplyDelete