MO

Fancy-Free... well that is just a way of life, being, a frame of mind. It is the idea that we are each responsible for fulfilling our dreams and desires. The knowledge that we can each do whatever we want, and recognizing the courage it takes to go after it- whatever It may be-

About Me

My photo
A writer, a yoga enthusiast, a trail runner and real food junkie. I am constantly exploring new experiences, new challenges and new concepts.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Breakfast Nook

After spending a night in Stella, tucked up right off Hwy 1 in the southern most boundary of Los Padres National Forest along the Big Sur coastline, I continued north.
Stella

Now, let me just take a minute to talk of my makeshift bedroom. Parked facing a beautiful redwood, I recognize quickly that it is the same place I slept in another car, on another trip over a year ago. This bedroom comes equipped with a nice, quieting distance from the road, trailheads as a hallway and as the extended wing about about 100 yards away.
The view

Anyway, as I roll out of bed, early, cold. I decide to post-pone my run for later in the day when I can not only stretch my legs but can also bask in the California sunshine. I drive north for about an hour, and find a nice pull-out along the ocean to stop and make breakfast. I heat up some water, make my tea and oatmeal and sit on the edge, staring out at my first love. After some time, already cleaning up my dishes and just doing what I do, not rush, I hear this noise from way out in the water, I look out trying to locate its source. Soon another one comes and I see the water spouting from a large body rolling under the water. And another, and another. The water keeps shooting up and I am trying to track the whales movement in the water, trying to get a better, clearer look. My first encounter, and I welcome the company!

This goes on for another hour or so, I just can't tear myself away from my breakfast company. In my beautiful home, dining, relaxing in my breakfast nook.

4 comments:

  1. Nice place you got there, very feng shui! No pics of your new friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kali, The pictures are beautiful....couldn't fit a family of four in that bedroom of yours could you?....we miss you, can't wait to see you in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ben! I tried getting a few pictures, but I was unable to capture it in time, zoomed to the fullest extent, arms unwavering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Em, thanks! I am not sure a family of four would fit in ol' Stella. However, even I will most likely be looking for a more spacious abode. Check out the Sprinters'! Tell Alan to keep his eye open for one for me!

    ReplyDelete