MO

Fancy-Free... well that is just a way of life, being, a frame of mind. It is the idea that we are each responsible for fulfilling our dreams and desires. The knowledge that we can each do whatever we want, and recognizing the courage it takes to go after it- whatever It may be-

About Me

My photo
A writer, a yoga enthusiast, a trail runner and real food junkie. I am constantly exploring new experiences, new challenges and new concepts.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Building a base..

Building a base.... It may just be my positive spin, my jubilant outlook, on the fact that I have not felt like running, or running far that is, what I so loved last year, disappearing for hours "out". So rather, I am running fast, and frequently.  For a week at my last house-sitting home, I ran 3.6 miles 3 out of 4 days.  I was faster than I thought, finishing around 29 minutes each time, and yes that felt good. Day after day, just getting out. But that is the thing, just getting out didn't always feel like such a decision. And I know just around the corner, is another home, another place, another trail or person that will inspire and uplift, and I will be floating out the door. But until then, in my new home, my current house-sit, I will run a few miles on the roads, BLM or paved, to overlooks or stop signs. I even took my bike out today, a short ride of 7-10 miles, but the sunshine was just torturing me and beat the urge I have had to stay indoors, to finish off whatever this funk is that I am in. Besides, it is building a base from which to grow, and on cool barely spring days, Tom Robbins' is great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment